quinta-feira, maio 24, 2007

The Arrow and the Song

Eu soube este poema de cor durante milénios, mas não sabia quem era o autor, que é Longfellow.
Já o coloquei neste blog a ver se alguém o conhecia. Mas a net é maravilhosa! Encontrei os dois: o autor e o poema. Espero que os dois se voltem a encontrar por mim, talvez no coração dum amigo.


The Arrow and the Song




I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.


I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?


Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.


Longfellow

Sem comentários: